Updated May 20, 2015
All students enrolled in Kevin Hanrahan Voice Studio must agree to all the following policies in order to receive instruction.
Studio Conduct Policy
The student will:
- Maintain a professional attitude and use common courtesy.
- Be in a mind set to work at the scheduled start of your lesson.
- Bring a notebook to take notes.
- Bring a recording device, such as a flash recorder or smartphone with recording capabilities to record lessons.
- Bring 2-3 copies of your music, one for the student, one for the teacher, and if necessary, one for the accompanist.
- Dress in business or resort casual attire, e.g. dress pants, casual dress pants, collared shirts, sleeved t-shirts, and blouses that cover the shoulder and are modestly cut. As a general rule, think modest and Sunday best. Jeans are permitted; however, they must not have any wholes, rips, or be of the “low-rise” style. Shorts are permitted, but they should be of an appropriate length. Remember, this is a voice lesson, not a night at the club. Please no dresses or skirts.
- Arrive on time. If a student is more than 10 minutes late without notifying the teacher, they forfeit their lesson time and fee. Text or call 402-202-6675.
- If at any time the students behavior or manner is determined by the instructor to be inappropriate, the lesson will be terminated and all fees will be forfeited.
Shared Materials Policy
All materials including exercises, videos, music, recordings, etc. are for educational use only, and are only to be used by the student while they are enrolled in the studio. Any use of materials beyond this is strictly prohibited.
If the student desires to have an accompanist play for the last 30 minutes of their lesson, they may do so, however, the accompanist must be approved by the instructor. Furthermore, if an accompanist is used, the student or their parent or legal guardian must directly pay the accompanist any fees for his or her service. The instructor is not responsible for any accompanist fees.
Lesson Scheduling Policy
Lessons are scheduled in one of three ways:
- Online by clicking here (preferred)
- In person at your lesson (for future lessons)
- Emailing Kevin Hanrahan directly at email@example.com.
Lessons are scheduled one at a time or several at once, and must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. Please see How to Schedule Lessons for information on that process, and please note the payment policy below.
All lesson fees are paid in advance by the student, or if under the age of 19, then their parent or legal guardian. The fee for a 1 hour lesson is $50. Payments are made using a credit card (or PayPal account), cash, or check (payable to Kevin Hanrahan) either when scheduling the lesson(s) or just prior to the start of the lesson(s). Credit cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. There are no refunds.
If more than one lesson is scheduled, then payment for all lessons is due at the initial scheduled lesson. For example, if you were to schedule three 1 hour lessons every other week, then the total for all three lessons ($150) is due at scheduling or at the initial of the three lessons. Please note, that UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED FOR ALL LESSONS, LESSON TIMES BEYOND THE INITIAL LESSON ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
Inevitably people will become ill. DO NOT COME to your lesson if you:
- Have a cold or sinus infection
- Have a sore throat, strep throat or tonsillitis
- Have allergies or acid reflux causing hoarseness or difficulty breathing
- Have a fever
- Have mononucleosis
- Have a viral or bacterial illness from which you need to recover.
When you are ill you should resting and getting better. As a courtesy to the instructor and his family, you should stay at home and get healthy as quickly as possible. If you come to a lesson ill, you will be asked to leave, that lesson will NOT be made up, and you forfeit the lesson fee. If you are ill or cannot attend your lesson, it is expected that you will cancel your lesson 24-hours before the scheduled start of your lesson. To cancel, simply click on the link in the confirmation email that was sent to you when you scheduled your lesson, or in the email reminding you of your lesson. The instructor will only reschedule lessons where the instructor has been given at least a 24-hour notice (e.g. Lesson at 4 PM Monday means you must have called the instructor by 4 PM Sunday). NO EXCEPTIONS!
If the student fails to give 24-hour notice, then the fee for that lesson will be forfeited, except in case of an emergency, then forfeiture of the fee is at the discretion of the instructor. In the event that a make-up lesson is warranted, it is the student’s responsibility to make the schedule request for the make-up lesson. All make-up lessons due to student cancellation must be completed within twenty-one (21) days of the cancelled lesson or the fee for the cancelled lesson is forfeited.
If the instructor needs to cancel a lesson, 24-hour notice will be given when possible. Any lesson the instructor cancels due to instructor’s illness, emergency or other reason not previously stated in any of the above policies will be made up at no additional cost to the student at a mutually agreeable time.